IRONguard Forklift Safety Valve prevents LPG from coming back onto the Operator!
Changing an LPG (Liquid Petroleum Gas, otherwise known as Propane) cylinder can injure a forklift operator if the seal in the cylinder valve has failed, as a defective seal can allow the liquid propane gas to spray over the hand or face of the operator. Since liquid propane vaporizes quickly (-44° F or -42° C), it will cause extreme frostbite when in contact with the skin. The solution is to place this shut-off valve on the hose, preventing the liquid propane from coming back onto the operator. When closed, the valve shuts off LP Gas to the coupler preventing gas from coming back through the hose if the seal fails. This is important, as most LPG forklift cylinders are rented and the operator does not know the condition of the seal or age of the cylinder without rigorous inspection. When the valve is open, the high-visibility shut-off handle covers the coupler so that the valve cannot be disconnected. Quick and easy installation.
• Fits on any Forklift
• Fits on any Steel Propane Tank
• Uses the factory Coupler that comes standard on the Forklift, requiring less installation
• In case of LPG release, the liquid propane is directed away from the hand
• The PVC plastic works as an insulator from cold LPG on the brass coupler
• All parts are UL rated for forklift LPG applications
The Quick Change Valve comes complete for easy installation with: (1) LPG Safety Grip
(1) Ball Valve (UL Certified)
(1) Individual Pack of Super Glue (to attach safety grip to existing coupler)
(2) Pieces of LPG Safety Tape (to prevent leaks at the attachment points)
Give Us Your Feedback On This Page
* Help us continuously improve by reporting any errors or omissions on this page including: